Phased Reopening Of Our Clinics
Our Comely Bank Clinic is now open for all patients requiring physiotherapy appointments. We are continuing to follow the latest professional guidance as our priority is the safety of our patients and staff.
In order to reopen the clinic for face-to-face services, we have had to implement a number of changes which we would like to make you aware of.
What To Expect
Once you have made your booking at Edinburgh Sports + Spinal Physiotherapy, your physiotherapist will call you within 24 hours of your appointment time. Following the latest professional guidance, this initial phone call will aim to establish the path of care most appropriate for you:
- A virtual telehealth appointment or,
- A face-to-face appointment.
If a face-to-face appointment is deemed safe and appropriate for you, your physiotherapist will then:
- Screen you against any possible COVID-19 symptoms.
- Explain the risks involved with face-to-face appointments, which we will confirm you understand and consent to.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise the risk of contact with other patients. We ask that you please wait outside or in your car until your physiotherapist greets you for your appointment.
- We would request that you avoid bringing friends or family to your appointment (unless you require a carer, translator, guardian or chaperone). They will have to accompany you into the clinic room, as our waiting area is not in use. They will also be asked COVID-19 screening questions and we will need to record their contact details should we require them in the future as part of track and trace.
- Based on the size and layout of the clinic premises, we will be limiting the number of staff working at any one time to facilitate social distancing.
- Appointments will be staggered to facilitate social distancing.
- Whilst in the clinic, please observe social distancing, by keeping at least 2m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
- There is a hand sanitisation area which you will be required to use.
- We will provide you with a mask to wear for the duration of the appointment.
- Please bring the absolute minimum into the treatment room and we request that you come ready changed for your appointment.
- Our physiotherapists will be wearing PPE in line with current guidance, which will include sterile gloves, apron and mask.
Booking And Payment
- To reduce contact with other patients or staff, follow-up appointments will be made with your physio within the clinic room, online or by calling our remote receptionist. No bookings will be made at reception.
- We will not accept cash payments, however, we have contactless card machines and money transfer options.
Infection Prevention and Control Measures
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures for all communal and clinical areas. The clinic rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient, with additional time being scheduled to allow for this.
- All communal and high contact areas will be cleaned frequently.
- We have replaced all fabric chairs with wipeable seating and removed any soft furnishings and accessories, such as pillows and towels.
- The clinic toilets will be out of use for visitors.
- Please use hand sanitiser when you enter the clinic.
- Please refrain from touching anything whilst you are in the clinic.
- Our team understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that they wash their hands in according with COVID Secure guidelines before and after any ‘hands on’ interaction.
We aim to make your visit as safe and as comfortable as possible. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please continue to follow all government advice and look after yourselves – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
I would like to thank you all for your loyalty to our clinic over the years. We wish you all good health and hope we will see you in the near future!
Richard and the Edinburgh Sports + Spinal Physiotherapy team