Face-To-Face Appointments Coming Soon
We have been eagerly anticipating news this week from the UK and Scottish Governments and our professional body, the CSP, in relation to the easing of restrictions and reopening of physiotherapy clinics. Although guidance has been given for private clinics in Scotland to remain closed for face-to-face appointments for now, we are positively encouraged that these decisions are moving in the right way as shown with changes in England.
In the meantime, we have completed numerous risk assessments and will be implementing more infection control measures and policies. This will provide us with the best preparation to be able to open our doors in the safest way possible for all our clients and staff.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN OUR CLINIC REOPENS
Once you have made your booking at Edinburgh Sports + Spinal Physiotherapy, your physiotherapist will call you within 24 hours of your appointment time. Following the latest professional guidance, this initial phone call will aim to establish the path of care most appropriate for you:
- A Virtual Telehealth appointment or,
- A face-to-face appointment.
If a face-to-face appointment is required, your physiotherapist will then:
- Screen you against any possible COVID-19 symptoms.
- Explain the risks involved with face-to-face appointments, which we will confirm you understand and consent to.
Our priority is the safety of our patients and staff. In order to reopen the clinic for face-to-face services, we have had to implement a number of changes which we would like to make you aware of.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise the risk of contact with other patients. We ask that if you please wait outside or in your car. At your appointment time, please wait at the front door of the clinic and your Clinician will greet you and let you in.
- We would request that if at all possible, you do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. If it is required or your preference to bring someone with you (a carer or guardian), they will have to accompany you into the clinic room, as our waiting area is not in use. They will also be asked COVID-19 screening questions and we will need to record their contact details should we require them in the future as part of track and trace.
- Based on the size and layout of the clinic premises, we will be limiting the number of staff working at any one time to facilitate social distancing.
- Appointments will be staggered to facilitate social distancing.
- Whilst in the clinic, please observe social distancing, by keeping at least 2m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
- There is a hand sanitisation area which you will be required to use.
- We would ask that you wear your own face covering or mask, however, we can provide a mask if you require one.
- Please bring the absolute minimum into the treatment room and we request that you come ready changed for your appointment.
- Our physiotherapists will be wearing PPE in line with current guidance, which will include sterile gloves, apron and mask.
Booking And Payment
- To reduce contact with other patients or staff, follow-up appointments will be made with your physio within the clinic room, online or by calling our remote receptionist. No bookings will be made at reception.
- We will not accept cash payments.
Infection Prevention and Control Measures
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures for all communal and clinical areas. The clinic rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient, with additional time being scheduled to allow for this.
- All communal and high contact areas will be cleaned frequently.
- We have replaced all fabric chairs with wipeable seating and removed any soft furnishings and accessories, such as pillows and towels.
- The clinic toilets will be out of use for visitors.
- Please use hand sanitiser when you enter the clinic.
- Please refrain from touching anything whilst you are in the clinic.
- Our team understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that they wash their hands in according with COVID Secure guidelines before and after any ‘hands on’ interaction.
We aim to make your visit as safe and as comfortable as possible. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
I want to personally thank you for providing your fullest support and we hope you will continue to use our normal face-to-face appointments once we open the doors again.
For now, we are offering WhatsApp Video or Phone Consultations to provide you with advice and guidance, please call us to arrange (0131 235 2354) or book online on our website.
Please continue to follow all government advice and look after yourselves – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
I would like to thank you all for your loyalty to our clinic over the years. We wish you all good health in the coming months and we will see you in the near future!
Richard and the Edinburgh Sports + Spinal Physiotherapy team